January 4, 2010

Day Zero Project: Awesome, Fun, and Incredibly Challenging!!

Day Zero Project is really cool! You should do it! All my lovely dears are doing it and thus, we shall encourage each other to greatness! Here is a bit about the Project:

The Mission:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?:
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities

DAY ZERO PROJECT


Here is My List:
My Starting Date is January 1, 2010
So I must finish everything by September 28, 2012
bold = in progress
strike = completed

1. Leave an inspirational note inside a book for someone to find
2. Send a secret to PostSecret
3. Attend a live taping of a TV show
4. Go skinny dipping
5. Go on a road trip
6. Host a dinner party
7. See Cirque du Soleil
8. Take a hot air balloon ride
9. Buy a turtle
10. Swim with dolphins
11. Be an extra in a movie
12. Grow an herb garden
13. Go on a hike
14. Buy a car
15. Make a snowman
16. Send a message in a bottle
17. Shower in a waterfall
18. Sell something on Etsy
19. Complete project 365
20. Knit a pair of socks
21. Go camping with friends
22. Paint a canvas
23. Camp in a Yurt
24. Learn to play an instrument
25. Throw a surprise party
26. Organize my recipes
27. Get an SLR camera
28. Make a mosaic
29. Exercise 3 times a week
30. Visit 10 new cities
31. Finish writing my book
32. Make my own sushi
33. Superglue a coin to the ground in a public place and wait to see if someone tries to pick it up
34. Learn how to ski
35. Visit The state of Maine
36. Write a journal to my future daughter/s with bits of wisdom
37. Drink Absinthe once
38. Learn to embroider
39. Lose 60 pounds (0/60)
40. Do a detox every six months (0/6)
41. Work towards a black belt
42. Get my scuba diving license with Jessica
43. Save $20,000 for a down payment
44. Buy a house with Michael
45. Take a trip somewhere with just Michael
46. Blog 3 times a week
47. Visit Ashley in Portland
48. Finish my Bachelor's Degree with Dean's Honors
49. Get a little dog
50. Scrapbook at least my wedding pictures and traveling pictures
51. Make dinner at home 3 times a week
52. Treat my parents to a nice dinner
53. Go away for the weekend all by myself
54. Watch all the Audrey Hepburn’s available
55. Go splunking
56. Grow a hydrangea bush
57. Have a holiday cookie exchange
58. Watch 26 movies that I’ve never seen, one for each letter of the alphabet (0/26)
59. Get rid of my clothes that I don’t wear and that don’t fit
60. Host a Halloween party
61. Take Delaney on a day for us
62. Read one book for me a month
63. Stay a night in the Disneyland Hotel
64. Read 26 books that I’ve never read, one for each letter of the alphabet
65. Make an outfit inspired by a painting
66. Make five people a present for no reason (0/5)
67. Finish my china collection
68. Watch all the episodes of entourage
69. Learn to illuminate letters
70. Go on a wine tasting and learn about wines
71. Compliment Michael everyday
72. Have an organization system to eliminate clutter
73. Get a dress form
74. Start taking ballet again
75. Buy a pair of Christian Louboutin’s
76. Buy a Christian Dior dress
77. Take Grace on a Trip
78. Have a goofing off day with Eric and Fraser
79. Make a meal completely from food at a farmer’s market
80. Try 25 new recipes from at least ten different cultures
81. Buy lunch for a homeless person five times (0/5)
82. Buy an Anthropologie dress
83. Go kayaking somewhere outside of Southern California
84. Buy a beautiful tea set
85. Take an advanced cooking class
86. Buy something from Tiffany's
87. Go to a ballet that I haven't been to before
88. Don’t drink soda for the entire 1001 days except in mixed drinks
89. Surf at least once a month once I am done with school
90. Decorate my house beautifully
91. Re-learn Latin
92. Find a job I enjoy
93. Do not eat any fast food for the whole 1001 days
94. Pay for a random person's coffee
95. Participate in Samaritan's Purse each Christmas (0/2)
96. Blog/Journal about each 101 thing
97. Go grocery shopping dressed in formal wear for no apparent reason
98. Go snorkeling in La Jolla
99. Visit a spa and get a massage
100. Host a formal tea
101. Do NaNoWriMo every November (0/2)

While perhaps you don't need a project or list to do such things, this is a great way to stay committed to tasks. And it gives us procrastinators plenty of time to get stuff done!
I'm so excited to get these things done and change my way of living!

Love!

No comments: